Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tea towel project #1

This tea towel was a gift and too nice to use to dry dishes. Immediately on receiving it I decided it would make a great apron. Three years later ...

This is such a quick and easy project as the tea towel is already hemmed. Using an old apron as a template, I simply cut the top corners diagonally to form a bib, hemmed the cut edges and attached the ties that I made from calico.

However, unless you're really tiny you do need a larger than average tea towel. This one was a generous 53cm x 72cm from the Edward and Son artists' fair - on again this year on Saturday, December 11.

No comments: