Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Taking the good with the bad


Do you remember this book? It's about a boy, Alexander, who wakes up with gum in his hair. From then on his day just gets worse and worse. The moral is that everyone has a bad day now and then - even in Australia!

And even in New Zealand. Well, actually not the whole day just the bit after work - which should be the good bit.
  • On the bus on my way home, I had my ipod but no headphones (bad)
  • As the bus pulls in to my stop, it starts to rain (not so good)
  • I get home to find the rubbish bin, even though today was rubbish collection day, didn't get emptied (bad)
  • I get to the front door - no key (very, very bad)
  • I phone The Husband to find out where the spare key is hidden. He remembers (very good)
I hope you've had a good day.

No comments: