Sunday, March 18, 2012

Autumn knitting




I do love stripes. And for a long time I've wanted to knit a baby blanket for no other reason than just to make one. This project from Purl Bee brings it all together. The recommended yarn for the free pattern is Alchemy Temple - not available in New Zealand and I couldn't wait to buy online. Now that the weather is cooling down a bit I'm impatient to get knitting. So I've substituted what I hope is a similar yarn from Zara - a lovely, soft, machine-washable merino. Unfortunately there was a limited colour range of mainly autumn shades at my local wool shop but I've chosen four colours that I think might work. The pattern is all garter stitch - easy, quick, reversible (it comes out the same on both sides). And it has stripes. Perfect. Thank you, Purl Bee.

No comments: