Tuesday, January 29, 2013

but not so far





Yesterday was Auckland Anniversary Day and a public holiday where I live. So, in my quest for more holidays this year, we spent the day with friends on beautiful Waiheke Island. We walked the sculpture trail, tasted a little local wine, bought local produce - olive oil, honey, lemons and plums - and swam in the sea. Hoorah to that!

The minty drink is nimbu pani made from lemons I bought up North last week and some sugar and salt. It's an Indian summer drink similar to lemonade. Some of my work colleagues just love it so I had to try it for myself. I made this recipe from Sailu's Kitchen. It did taste a little bit electrolyte-sports-drink but I think the lemonade lemons I used are sweeter than regular lemons. Apparently they can be eaten straight off the tree like an orange so probably not a good choice for nimbu pani. We drank it all, but next time I might try limes or, perhaps, Waiheke lemons.

No comments: