Monday, June 3, 2013

cold days + tutorial



This is my variation of the hot water bottle cover made from a sweater. I wanted the hottie to be completely covered in woolly goodness but easily filled and emptied - without having to take off the cover every time. So, inspired by those fingerless gloves that convert to mittens, I came up with the idea of the flip top. If you'd like to keep your toes warm, read how I made it here.

The top photo was taken in July last year driving from Christchurch to Dunedin via Lake Tekapo.

1 comment:

Keera Job - live.love.sew pattern co. said...

Barbara, your photos are stunning! With all the cold weather we've been having I see a refashioned hot water bottle cover in the near future! Thank you also for your lovely comments and for stopping by my little space. Your kind words have made my day!
Keera x