Sunday, July 7, 2013

three things




1. One half of Mr Mingus

2. A new cactus cutting I planted in a lovely but badly crazed Crown Lynn cup with a pattern called 'Lilian'. Perhaps I should've divided the cactus and planted the two 'ears' separately. What do you think?

3. A batch of badges I made for winter using woolen fabrics and velvet. They add a bit of colour and texture to a dull winter outfit. My wardrobe seems to have settled on black and grey. I used a badge-maker machine but you could make a covered button and attach a small safety pin on the back instead. I think my favourite is the green tweedy one (centre left).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That cactus in a teacup looks so cute, such a great idea!

Milk and Honey said...

I love this idea - I think my favourite is the hounds tooth version.

Unknown said...

Love the photo of your cat, and the cactus in a teacup is lovely. I think it will be ok with the two ears. Just sepatate them when they get too big. I have never made buttons but yours are great. I may have to have a go. x