Sunday, September 1, 2013

round things




- a mobile by Renilde de Peuter that I bought from Mr Kitly when I was in Melbourne. I have long admired Renilde's mobiles and am overjoyed to finally have one in my house. There are more photos of her mobiles here or visit her blog At Swim-two-birds.

- a necklace I also bought in Melbourne from Craft - unfortunately I can't remember the maker's name.

- and an amazing acoustic installation by Celeste Boursier-Mougenot that I saw at the National Gallery of Victoria. It's a shallow pool filled with floating porcelain bowls that move on a gentle current. When the bowls randomly bump against each other they chime. If it is quiet in the gallery and you sit by the pool for a while to listen, the chimes become a strange music.

Reading Moving Miss Peggy: a story of dementia, courage, and consolation by Robert Benson

No comments: