Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tea towel project #2

I worried about this project for a long time - unnecessarily, as it turned out. It's the first time I've attempted a bag and think I was anxious about wasting the tea towel on a bag that didn't turn out. But I'm really pleased with the result. I lined it with a fairly stiff cotton to give it a bit of strength and added an inside pocket. I used an acrylic webbing for the handles.

I think it's the folded corners that lift it above the average bookbag. Happy zombie has a good, free down-loadable PDF tutorial for a slightly more complicated bag that shows how to do the corners, if you fancy making one yourself.

Also Kaoru Ishikawa's book 'Vintage fabric accessories' has many inspiring bags complete with instructions and patterns.

Don't forget that February is your chance to stop drinking alcohol for 28 days. If you register, you could help raise funds to support programmes helping reduce alcohol and other drug related harms amongst young people.

No comments: