Monday, August 20, 2012

lavender



I went to Fabric-a-brac on Saturday. Did you go? I got some great fabrics - some bark cloth off-cuts, fine linen for embroidery, muslin and embroidered Aida cloths. I could've bought so much more. I hope Fabric-a-brac becomes a regular thing. If you missed it, there's the Vintage Textile Fair coming up on Sunday, September 9.

I've already made some lavender bags using one of the Aida cloths and a mauve cotton for the backing. Lavender bags make a nice gift and are easy to make. See how here and here. I added a little loop to the top of mine so that you can either hang them in the wardrobe or tuck them into a drawer. I made these for my mother but think I'll do some for myself. They smell so good. I used locally-grown lavender from Cambridge.

Reading Rangatira by Paula Morris

No comments: