Monday, March 4, 2013

things from Coromandel




On our Coromandel camping holiday we passed through Thames - a good place to stop for something to eat and to visit the charity shops.

Here's what I bought there:
  • a yellow and dark brown plastic basket. This is my favourite Coromandel thing.
  • a Crown Lynn plate in a brown grid pattern called 'tres bon'
  • a 1972 calendar tea towel with yachts (a gift for a friend) 
  • some shot glasses that I've re-purposed into tea light holders and
  • two books - The splendid soft toy book (useful) and The Welsh corgi (not so useful but corgis are cute and I might use the pictures to make cards). On the cover of The Welsh corgi someone has crossed out the word 'corgi' and written 'rarebit' underneath. That's pretty corny but I think it's funny.
I also bought some homemade plum jam from the Saturday street market in Coromandel Town. It's so delicious it's nearly all gone.

Reading Doppler by Erlend Loe + Harvesting passionfruit from the garden + Watching The life of Pi + Making ice cream in my new ice cream maker

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved the life of Pi. Your tea lighter holders sound nice.