Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Foxies

Hoorah! I've finished my fox. I tried Nimoe's pattern again and it worked out well. What I've realised is you need to really pack the stuffing into the completed parts (head, body etc) to sort of mold them into the shapes you want.

I've been a bit fox obsessed ever since my UK trip. The friends we stayed with in London have foxes living on the rail embankment behind their house; foxes that sometimes even come into their garden - and bring their cute wee cubs with them. I saw a couple of foxes running along the rail tracks but, of course, on the day I stood out with my camera in that fine English drizzle, no foxes showed themselves. Even though National Geographic estimated that in 2006 there were “upward of 10,000 foxes” living in London! Where are they when you want one?

Apparently you don't even need to have a garden in London to see one. Just traveling by Tube could be enough - as this fox riding an escalator in the London Underground proves.

Sadly, no foxes in New Zealand – except amigurumi ones. I’ll think I’ll take mine to work. She can sit on my desk to remind me of my London friends and holiday.

And here’s a bit more awesome foxy stuff – cushion from Donna Wilson.

No comments: